We’re looking for a talented developer to join our small team of experts in crafting our new take on search engine analytics. Blueprint analyzes multiple sources around how searchers and search engines interact with a site and provides insight on top of SEO and web analytics data. The Blueprint web application is Ruby on Rails, backed by Postgres and Redis. We have data collection and processing components for various sources that are written in Python, PHP and a smattering of Bash shell scripts. We use git and GitHub and all our code is reviewed through pull requests. We’re on Rails 3.2 using HAML, SASS and CoffeeScript. We run a Lean-ish process (we don’t need much process because we’re small), where work not in-progress may be re-prioritized daily.
- Several years of software development experience on successful projects that incorporate cloud computing, back-end infrastructure and front-end interfaces, and data analysis.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and new techniques.
- Ability to think through a problem and develop solutions both solo and with a team.
- Either experience in Ruby or experience in several other programming languages.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where strategy may adapt on a daily basis.
- Experience with linux system operations.
- Experience with EC2 and S3.
- Experience using git source control and GitHub pull requests.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with statistical and linguistic analysis useful.
Send your resume or LinkedIn profile and a link to GitHub account or other references to open-source contributions or sharable work to email@example.com.