Questions and Links. No Cat Pictures.
This is a test of the Vanessa blogging system. This is only a test. If this were a real blog post, it would contain interesting words and witty banter. Maybe some cat pictures. Instead, it merely contains links. And a few questions. Please stay tuned for your regularly scheduled blogging. Tomorrow when I’ve had more sleep. Or at least more caffeine.
First, the questions:
- I know a lot of guys who have iPhones, but I don’t know of any girls who have one. I know I haven’t been so nice about the iPhone before, but if you admit to having one, I promise I won’t mock. Much.
- What Facebook apps do you find to be the most valuable? I’m thinking Facebook could be much more useful if only I had something installed other than a way for people to send me virtual cocktails. Not that I don’t love the cocktails and I hope everyone who has sent me one knows I’m cashing them in for the real thing the next time we’re in a bar together. But still.
- What should I set my DVR to record? Right now, it only records Scrubs reruns, but I’m assuming there must be something new that I’m missing out on.
Now, the links. I’ve done lots of writing at Search Engine Land over the last few days:
- Google Goes Dark for Lights Out San Francisco
- Facebook Opens Application Pages to Indexing By Search Engines
- Flickr Wants To Show You The World Through Pictures
- Google News Launches Facebook Application
Bonus blogging: In a sign that there remains a least a small amount of good in the world, I arrived at the parking garage this morning one minute after 9am. This may not seem of consequence; however, if you arrive before 9am, you pay $12 for one day and if you arrive after 9am, you pay $24. Sadly, my ticket was stamped 9:01. I lamented to the parking attendant that I sadly arrived just a moment too late and he grabbed my ticket and scribbled on it, critically turning back time. I may not have that mythical and longed-for time machine, but at least I have a nice parking guy.