- I wanted to be able to share more about my cats with the world.
- Sometimes twitter isn’t enough.
- I needed new places to talk about coffee.
- The cats wanted a forum for banding together with Matt’s cats in the fight supporting equality for all cats everywhere. (Although they are a bit jealous of Matt’s cats as they’ve never starred in their own videos and to be honest, aren’t all that good at jumping. They’re pretty sure that Ozzie is a big showoff, but are willing to extend an olive branch for the greater good of cat rights everywhere.)
- We all need an RSS feed of our very own.
OK, maybe I’ve got a few other reasons.
- I’m a writer. I write. It’s just what I do. The writing.
- I’ve been making websites since 1995, but hadn’t done a new one in several years so I thought I’d check out all the new-fangled technology the cool kids were using.
- I’ve been involved in online communities since 1997 and just like hanging out and chatting online.
- You have a blog. Why can’t I have one? Why are you ASKING ME THESE QUESTIONS?
- I didn’t want to be the only person not ranking for a certain keyword phrase.
I’m supposed to tag five other people for the meme? Hmm. Maybe I’ll go after some search engine friends…
And since I’m doing five things, maybe I’ll do five more. Long ago, I was pinged by several people to spill the things you don’t know about me. I didn’t really have a place to do that then, but what better place than here for a topic like that? But surely you know everything about me already, right?
- I’ve seen Billy Joel in concert five times. (There will be NO mocking of Billy Joel!) I also recently bought his latest live CD even though I have all of his albums, including his best of collection and millennium concert, which means that I already have any song on that live CD at least three times already. I haven’t seen him in concert for a really long time. He was playing in NY during last’s year’s SES and he’s playing nearby again this year! So close yet so far. I’m considering going to Detroit to see him in a couple of months. Anyone up for a road trip to Detroit?
- I used to have a forklift license. Yes, I was a pretty scary driver. I never knocked into anything or ran over anyone though. Really!
- I interned at a newspaper in high school and with a theatre company in college. At the theatre company, I did set construction. Even welding.
- In high school, I once rode a float in the homecoming parade as our school mascot, a tiger. However, I did not wear a big furry costume. I had painted on whiskers.
- I don’t like mustard. At all. Except that I have to have mustard on corn dogs. I know. I can be quite complicated.